99 Marine Parade,
W. Sussex, BN11 3QF
Telephone: 01903 820828
For SatNav you can enter “99 Marine Parade or BN11 3QF”. It will get the directions for you.
By Car From London
The route below is also good if you are coming from London. It is an A road with less traffic, is more scenic and takes the same amount of time as the Google indicated route.
- From the M25 take junction 9 which is the A24 signposted for Dorking and Horsham.
- And then follow the signs for Worthing
- Once you are in Worthing just follow the signs for the City Centre. At the end of the A24 as you come close to the sea front the road will fork, take the left fork, North Road, which then becomes High Street.
- At the end of the High Street (you can’t go straight ahead as it is a one way street) bear left and then immediate right into Steyne Gardens.
- This will lead you straight onto the sea front. Bear right here and drive past the Pier. On your right you will see the Travelodge, we are the next block after that on the right.
Parking near the Retreat Centre:
There is parking directly outside the Retreat Centre, however, it is metered. The best thing to do is to carry on driving along the sea front (West, ie with the sea to your left) for about a minute passing through two sets of traffic lights until the metering zone stops and there is free parking on both sides. It takes about 10 minutes to walk back.
By Train From London
From Victoria Underground station go to Victoria Mainline Train Station (nearby). Take the train for Littlehampton (platforms 15-19). Worthing is on the way to Littlehampton. This train usually goes to 2 destinations: Littlehampton and Eastbourne. You must be in the part of the train which goes to Littlehampton. (The train divides at Haywards Heath.)
Be sure to get off the train at Worthing and not West or East Worthing. This journey takes around 1h 20mins. The train fares differ. You can buy a single train ticket online for as little as £5.00 at www.southernrailway.com
From Worthing Station
- You can take a taxi at the railway station to the Retreat Centre (5 minutes, around £4.50).
- If you only have a weekend bag with you, the Retreat Centre is in easy walking distance from the railway station – you go south down Victoria Road. At the end of Victoria Road turn right and then immediately left at the first mini-roundabout into Crescent Road and walk down until you reach the seafront, turn right on Marine Parade until you reach 99.
It is a flat walk which takes 15 minutes to complete.